Thursday, March 3, 2011

Culture Shock

    I didn't realize I had been gone from home that long. My brothers have really taken on a new view on the world. In a home where it was understood that Lil Wayne was played loudly, no ifs, ands or buts about it.. Now Wayne's a swagger jacker and it's all about freestyle rap.

    If you don't know what I'm talking about, Freestyle rapping has quite the fanbase. My brothers specifically watch "Grind Time" on youtube, which includes freestyle rappers Fresco, Illusion-Z, Soul Khan, and more duking it out in 1-on-1 and 2-on-2 rap battles. I had never really heard about much of this rap battle business, I just thought 8 mile was as relevant as it was going to be. Unfortunately, I was wrong.

    I definitely have respect for these freestyle rappers, it seems hard to do what they do. Some of these guys get really personal. It's almost as if they all hate each other but play it cool, until it's time to write rhymes. Props to all those guys. I'm def going to include a few of my favorite videos below.

Fresco Vs Paperwerks

Fresco Vs Moodswangz

Fresco Vs Soul Khan

    Enjoy the videos, I know I did :]

~Joe G.

No comments:

Post a Comment